A National Management Company, specializing in Self Storage facilities, has an opening for an Accountant in our Cordova, TN office.
Position Status: Full-Time
Salary: $50,000 - $55,000
Overall Responsibility: The Accountant is a support position within the Accounting Department.
Primary Functions: The Accountant will be responsible for managing specific projects for the Accounting Department. Such management will include establishing relationships with vendors and regulatory agencies, maintaining records and schedules and regularly reporting on the status of any projects in progress.
Specific project responsibilities include:
- Multi-Property Staff Accountant
- Communicating to properties, owners, and co-workers account updates and property progress
- Monitoring and generating monthly financials
- Follow our company’s establish accounting processes
- Perform monthly bank settlements
- Summarizing current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports
- Documenting financial transactions by entering account information
- Managing the cash flow of properties in order to meet their specific financial requirements
- Reconciling financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information
- Preparing payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements
- Completing special projects related to Operations, Accounting and Human Resources
- Reports directly to the Controller
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Excellent communication skills both on the phone and in person
- Works well in a team setting or independently
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs is a must, knowledge of QuickBooks or other accounting program is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or finance required
- 3+ years of experience in accounting or related field
- Focus on customer service
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to read and understand technical forms and financial reports
- Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Detailed and task oriented, Critical Thinker and Self Starter
- Must be able to sit for some various number of hours at a time, typically 2-4 hours.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with Absolute Storage Management including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance
Our company is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It is our policy not to discriminate against any individual on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, citizenship, veteran status or other protected group status, as it relates to all phases of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, rates of pay and other forms of compensation.