Part Time Maintenance Technician
A National Management Company, specializing in Self Storage facilities, has an opening for a part-time maintenance and custodial assistant for our property in the Hollywood, FL 33023 area.
We are looking for someone who is proactive with a background in maintenance/custodial.
Job Duties Include:
- Completes daily, weekly and monthly checklists on building equipment maintenance procedures and maintains records of scheduled maintenance procedures
- May obtain estimates for supplies, repair parts; orders parts as instructed
- Electrical experience and own hand tools are required.
- Have good knowledge of electricity, carpentry and plumbing among other technical skills
- Have good knowledge of troubleshooting techniques to determine exact problems and tackle them accordingly
- Excellent ability to communicate system problems to both co-workers and management for proper understanding
- Exhibit good mechanical skills to handle equipment to avoid causing injuries to self and others
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Physical stamina and dexterity
- Responds to emergency maintenance requests as required
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one year of responsible experience in building and mechanical equipment maintenance and repair; or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience
- Heavy custodial requirements
- Light landscaping duties
- This position may include standing, bending, walking, and use of a ladder in the outside elements for up to 8 hours a day; you may also be required to lift and carry up to 50 lbs unassisted.
Pay will be $12/hr.
Skills/Qualifications: Dependability, Organization, Safety Management, Attention to Detail, Job Knowledge, Computer Skills. Hands on attitude.
Interested Candidates please apply with resume.
Our company is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It is our policy not to discriminate against any individual on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, citizenship, veteran status or other protected group status, as it relates to all phases of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, rates of pay and other forms of compensation.