Who are we?
Absolute Storage Management, Inc is a leading provider of self-storage solutions in the United States, specializing in third-party facility management for owners and operators of self-storage properties.
Who We Are Looking For:
A Senior Accountant, with at least 5 years of experience, knowledge of QuickBooks and a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting (Advanced degree preferred). CPA designation is a plus. The position requires the ability to travel by car/plane up to 10%. Candidate must live in Memphis, TN area.
Why Choose ASM?
At Absolute Storage Management, our team members are like family. Supported by our core values, we have created a culture that encourages and fosters respect, inclusion, collaboration, and training & development. Our team members love Absolute’s We Care culture, entrepreneurial and flexible work environment, ability to work independently and grow themselves, and the properties they manage to be the best they can be.
Regional Manager Benefits Include:
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Cordova, TN Office work until/around 6 months; then Hybrid (3 days in office, 2 at home)
- Mileage reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- 401(k) with 4.5% company match
- Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid vacation, sick time, and company holidays
- Discount on storage units and retail items
Base Salary: $70k plus incentive
Schedule: 8am-5pm M-F until established, then flexible
About the Position:
Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Accountant will manage specific projects for the Accounting Department and maintain financial records for an assigned set of clients. The Senior Accountant will communicate regularly with clients, ASM’s Accounting and Operations Teams, vendors, and regulatory agencies.
Accounting Team Support Functions:
- Expertise in a specialized area of Accounting serving to support the Accounting Department and Operations Team
- Develop Accounting Department processes and procedures
- Available to mentor and develop colleagues
- Design, develop, and complete special projects
- Ability to maintain a portfolio of properties requiring a higher level of Accounting expertise to fulfill clients’ requirements
- Maintain financial records for an assigned set of properties, including entering, documenting financial transactions, and reconciling discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
- Manage cash flow of assigned properties to meet specific financial requirements
- Perform weekly bank reconciliations
- Prepare and distribute monthly financial reports to clients
- Respond to requests for information from clients and their representatives, ASM’s Accounting and Operations Teams, vendors, and regulatory agencies
- Communicate with management when critical financial issues arise
- Follow established company procedures
- File monthly sales tax returns, renew business licenses, process payments for property taxes and insurance, review annual budgets
- Attend meetings as scheduled
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of QuickBooks is required
- Ability to work well independently and within a team setting
- Strong focus on customer service
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to read and comprehend technical information and financial reports
- Detail and task oriented, critical thinker, and self-starter
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, Outlook) is required
- The ability to maintain a regular and punctual schedule
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of experience in Accounting
- Advanced degree (Master’s) preferred
- CPA designation a plus