Regional Manager - Self Storage - Texas Market
Who are we?
Absolute Storage Management, Inc is a leading provider of self-storage solutions in the United States, specializing in third-party facility management for owners and operators of self-storage properties.
Who We Are Looking For:
A Regional Manager, with at least 3-5 years of supervisory experience in the storage industry, to oversee the Texas and Missouri markets. This includes oversight and management of up to ten properties. The position requires the ability to travel by car/plane up to 60 percent. Travel requirements include monthly property visits, property owner meetings, team meetings, company meetings, and industry-related events. Candidates must live in the Dallas or Houston area as this territory requires significant travel within this area.
In addition to a base salary, the Regional Manager total compensation includes:
- Semi-annual bonuses
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Remote work w/ office internet reimbursement
- Mileage reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- 401(k) with 4.5% company match
- Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid vacation, sick time, and company holidays
- Discount on storage units and retail items
About the Position:
Reporting to a Regional Director, the Regional Manager, is the first-line representative to a defined set of properties and their managers within an assigned region. The Regional Manager’s primary responsibilities are to ensure their assigned properties meet the budget and sales goals, comply with marketing and sales campaigns, and is responsible for ensuring the property is staffed, maintained, and runs smoothly within the guidelines and policies of the company. In addition to the oversight of the assigned properties, the Regional Manager is responsible for the continued training, development, team member staffing, and retention and team member morale, within their property region.
Primary Functions of the Position:
Team Member Supervision:
- Ensures property coverage by completing a property schedule and working with the team on coverage and staffing, as needed
- Collaborates with the Recruiting and HR team to interview and hire new team members
- Collaborates with the Training team to ensure all team members are trained and developed according to company standards
- Consistently works with the property team members to develop them and facilitate their growth within the company
- Collaborates with the HR team on any performance-related issues as defined in the Absolute Storage Management company policies and guidelines
- Provides performance reviews annually, ensuring completion of a timely submission with reviews and feedback
- Guide, assist and support the property team in their day-to-day questions, concerns, and any property related issues
- Sets high expectations for excellent customer service and holds their team accountable
- Lead weekly team meetings to ensure the property teams are being provided updates on company policies, procedures, and training. Utilizing this time to develop the team and incorporate team member growth, development, and team building.
- Consistently applies and ensures that Absolute Storage Management policies and procedures are followed
- Ensures that the team members are working within the core values of the company
- Consistently leads the team within the We Care culture
Property Related Management:
- Visits each assigned property within their region at least once monthly. This visit will be onsite and in-person and may require travel by plane/car.
- A property audit and completion of a property visit checklist
- Training, development, and relationship building with the property team member
- Reviews of all property level report with the onsite team member, reviewing that current revenue and budget are being met
- Audits the property financials, cash drawer, and petty cash
- Inspects properties to ensure the highest standards are maintained; evaluates maintenance, grounds, and housekeeping operations
- Completion of the property maintenance checklist, and ensure completion of the maintenance projects
- Ensures that cleanliness standards are met in the office, restrooms, grounds, and vacant units are cleaned on a timely basis by property team
- Review property maintenance and Cap-X projects to view status, and report results back to property owner and Absolute Storage Management operational leadership
- Additional property visits may be done virtually throughout the month. Continued contact including email, phone and through Teams is required.
- Work with Absolute Storage Management leadership and property owners to ensure the following:
- Preparation of annual operating and capital budgets.
- Monitors and makes recommendations on budget performance and prepares monthly summary report to property owners.
- Ensures that the properties are operating within prescribed budgets regarding expenses and revenue and recommends improvements when/where needed.
- Communicates operating results by submitting accurate and timely reports and furnishing financial information as requested.
- Regularly meets with property owners to provide updates on the status of their asset – this may include both onsite and virtual meetings, as directed by the property owner
- Build solid, positive, and professional working relationships with the property owners
- Work with the property owner to discuss property needs, additional expenses, or lead property improvements, as directed by the property owner