Director of Training and Development
Absolute Storage Management, Inc. is a leading provider of self storage solutions in the United States. From our headquarters in Memphis, TN, our company specializes in third-party facility management for owners and operators of self storage properties. In addition, we have regional offices located in the following cities: Nashville, Atlanta, and Tampa.
We are seeking a dynamic and innovative Director of Training and Development to join our team. Reporting to the VP of Human Resources, the Director of Training and Development will be responsible for improving the productivity of the organization’s team members. This position accesses company-wide developmental needs to drive training initiatives and identifies and arranges suitable training solutions for team members. This position actively researches, creatively designs, and effectively implements methods to educate, develop and enhance productivity and performance.
This is a remote position with travel required. Remote experience is required.
- Manage all aspects of the learning technology system including by not limited to:
- Training of system
- Monitoring of programs within
- Updating training materials
- Tracking of training required/taken
- Reporting and Metrics
- Provide Feedback to VP of Human Resources, COO and team member Supervisor on use of tool, training needs for team members and other areas as communication is needed
- Collaborate with all departments to develop training materials including but not limited to Human Resources, Operations, Technology, Marketing, etc.
- Develop training materials for all levels of positions within the company to train on daily operations and job duties, as well as development including but not limited to operations, technology, organization, communication, personal development, Culture Index, time management, etc.
- Ensure that all new team members receive an initial on-boarding training that coincides with their position
- Develop new hire/newly promoted training materials, process, and lead training for all positions at all levels
- Consistently train, develop, coach, and manage the performance of Training team member(s) to ensure that training presented and provided meet set company standards and position expectations
- Continually access and monitor new trends in training. Thinking innovatively, recommend new training methods including e-learning courses, virtual training, and other effective ways to train based on a variety of learning styles
- Actively review current training materials for clarity, effectiveness, and quality. Review with department leads to ensure materials are current and collaborate with department leads to review and approve materials before finalizing and presenting
- Consistently and timely make changes to materials as processes or policies are updated and communicate all changes to affected team member proactively through various sources of communication: email, webinar, Teams chat, LMS, etc.
- Create visual materials for team members outlining training roadmaps and career paths
- Collaborate with department leads to identify team members who are ready to advance and work to develop them through training and technology in preparation for next level
- Develop and host web-based trainings and recorded materials for all levels of positions and department materials
- Manage Microsoft Teams Training Channel by responding to inquiries and posting training tips for team members to access
- Collaborate with Supervisors on team members training and development needs by receiving training requests and effectively and timely scheduling training for team members, following through and communicating completion of training
- Create and utilize training surveys to assess the effectiveness off training technology and materials and conduct follow-up studies of all completed training to evaluate and measure results providing feedback to impacted department leads
- Utilize the Culture Index and other methods to understand team members learning style and effectively adapt to the best ways of training multiple learning styles.
- Adapt to both onsite and virtual trainings considering the various learning styles and creatively seek ways to keep leaners engaged in meetings by interactive methods (i.e. chat, polls, challenges, games etc.)
- Source external presenters, technology, and vendors to assist with training and development tools, materials, and presentations
- Utilizing marketing materials and company provided tools, provide team members with visual learning aids and materials
- In collaboration with other leaders, plan, organize, develop material, and facilitate team member development and training events
- Consistently send communication to ensure team members have knowledge of training and development events scheduled
- Consistently reviews spending compared to budget considering property costs
- Administer spending against the departmental budget
- Manage Training Specialists payroll cost to keep within budgeted cash forecast considering time charged to property and the company
- Conduct annual training and development needs assessment to build training team goals
- Manage and timely submits expense reports and training expense reimbursements
- Manage and lead other projects as assigned
Lead Training Specialist(s) who assist all aspects of training and support within the HR Department.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have strong presentation skills both in-person and virtually
- Must present professionally both in-person, virtually and through actions and communication
- Collaborate with other members of leadership and operations
- Strong leadership skills and ability to lead a team
- Strong project management skills and completion of tasks within determined timeline
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Ability to flex with training needs based on team member, supervisor, and leadership requests
- Ability to effectively collaborate between teams
- Ability to design and implement effective training and development
- Adept with a variety of multi-media training platforms and methods
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field highly preferred
- 5+ years’ experience designing and implementing training and development programs
- 5+ years' experience building learning curriculum with a focus on virtual training
- Experience managing a Learning Management Program
- Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) credential a plus
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential a plus
- The ability to sit for prolonged periods of time working at a desk or computer
- The ability to consistently operate a computer and other office equipment
- The ability to communicate, converse, and express information in person, by phone and through other technology
- The ability to maintain a regular and punctual schedule
- The ability to travel by car or airplane up to 25%